Feministe – 7/23/2008 – Feminist Porn: Sex, Consent, and Getting Off
Queer Family Matters – 11/13/2013 – A Kid Who Looks Like Me
Autostraddle (Staff Writer) – 8/29/2014 – Having Your Wedding Cupcake & Eating It Too: Radical Queer & Progressive LGBT Politics Working Together
Autostraddle (Staff Writer) – 2/16/2015 – You Need Help: Will You Grow Together or Grow Apart?
Everyday Feminism – 6/6/2015 – When You’ve Internalized Racism as Self-Hate, Connecting with Your Ethnicity Can Change Everything – Like It Did for this Korean-American Woman
AREAS OF ISSUE EXPERTISE
- Queer POC issues and frameworks
- Gender-inclusive health education
- Sexual/reproductive justice
- Queer and trans* parenting issues
- Vegan food and culture
- NYS and U.S. politics & policy
- Direct action organizing
- Nonprofit administration
- Grassroots organizing
Queer women’s health columnist from 2007-2011, publishing a monthly column in the Empty Closet, a publication of the Gay Alliance of the Genesee Valley.
Contributing editor for Autostraddle. Founder and principal blogger at personal blog, Queer Family Matters. Moderated, posted and approved original content for Sex. Justice. Change. Guest blogger in summer of 2008 for nationally-renowned blog, Feministe.
Editor of the ImageOutWrite Journal Volume I, 2012 and reader for Volume II, 2013. Featured poet at LGBTQ*-themed Erotic Nights readings in Rochester, NY, 2010-2011. Academy of American Poets Prize for Intercourse in 2005. Featured author at the National Women’s Studies Association Creative Writing Series, 2004.
Paid freelance writer (under pseudonym) for Demand Studios creating original content for various national websites including eHow.com, theNest, and others.
Write short, informative articles and press materials for a variety of local nonprofits including Planned Parenthood of the Rochester/Syracuse Region, ImageOut: the Lesbian and Gay Film and Video Festival, Connect and Breathe and the New York Civil Liberties Union for use in newsletters, brochures, letters and more.
Bachelor’s degree in English Writing Arts with concentrations in fiction and poetry, including non-fiction writing coursework and 18 course hours of intense writing workshop.
SOCIAL MEDIA FOOTPRINT (as of 12/28/15)
- Twitter: 1,529 followers
- Facebook (personal): 1,753 friends, 43 followers, manage 5 pages
- Instagram: 577 followers
- Pinterest: 303 followers
- LinkedIn: 934 connections
- Klout Score: 64
- Brand Yourself Search Score: A+
- Blog: Autostraddle: Staff Writer, 2014 to present
- Blog: Queer Family Matters: Owner and Co-Founder, 2013 to present
- Blog: Feministe: Guest-Blogger, 2008
- Blog: Sex. Justice Change.: Contributer, 2008-2011
- Average WPM: 80
- Basic HTML coding and website building using publishing software including WordPress.
- New media applications including Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest